Is it Worth The Time and Effort to Join LinkedIn?
When LinkedIn first came on the scene many people took a watch and wait attitude to see if how long they would be around. You be the judge – here are some facts about LinkedIn as of late 2010:
- LinkedIn has over 80 million prominent members in over 200 countries that a business owner like yourself can connect to by establishing your own community
- Neilson Online is calling LinkedIn’s membership “The world’s largest audience of affluent, influential professionals.”
- Over 80% of LinkedIn’s membership have a bachelor or graduate degree
- The average household income of the LinkedIn® user is about $108,000 per year
- Over 20% of LinkedIn users are senior level executives and managers
- Over 60% of LinkedIn members are either decision makers in their companies or have direct influence over key decisions related to product or service purchases.
- A new member joins LinkedIn® approximately every second
- Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are LinkedIn® members
- Membership ranges from CEOs of large corporations to work-at-home entrepreneur
Used properly LinkedIn can grow your business but the power remains relatively unknown! My suggestion would be to open an account and take advantage of this networking source now. Here are some basic tips when you do:
- Complete your profile as thoroughly as possible, and include interests, an avatar, and business information
- Connect with as many business associates as you can, since they will help you to network with like minded individuals and companies
- Learn from others and gain new knowledge by asking questions
- Use your knowledge to your advantage by answering questions thoroughly and expertly. This will help you gain other users’ confidence
- Include your company URL somewhere on your profile
- The top of your summary is what visitors see first so be certain you’re including the most vital information here
- Use the website as a tool to make connections within your business niche, and then expand upon those connections on other social media sites
- Make use of the option to be indexed so your information appears on Google and other search engines’ results.
Out of the 80+ million people on LinkedIn, only a few successful companies and internet marketers are using LinkedIn to its’ fullest profit-making potential. Be one of the first. Join LinkedIn Today!